Hi everyone! I’m back with another book tag, on account of the fact that my work schedule is crazy (in a good way!) right now, and I won’t have a lot of time to read this week. I follow Sarah at Book Hooked Nook , and the Reader Problems Tag sounded like a fun one to try (check out her blog an answers via the link!). I think you’ll be surprised by my answers! Also, feel free to have a go at it too 🙂
1. You have 20,000 books on your TBR. How in the world do you decide what to read next?
I actually can’t imagine having that many books on my TBR- totally overwhelming. I enjoy reading too much to put that kind of pressure on myself! But as far as deciding what to read next- that’s all in my mood and what I know I’ll have time for. If I’m going on vacation, a short, lightweight, fluff book will travel, etc.
2. You’re halfway through a book and you’re just not loving it. Do you quit or are you committed?
Oh I quit. Life is too short to force yourself to read what you don’t enjoy. And there are so many books in the world! I not of the “no page left unturned” club, haha.
3. The end of the year is coming and you’re so close, but so far away on your Goodreads reading challenge. Do you try and catch up and how?
I haven’t gotten that serious about Goodreads (pause for effect), because again, I don’t put that much pressure on myself. Reading is my hobby, my escape from the real pressures of my life! So no, even if I did participate in a GR reading challenge, I wouldn’t try to catch up.
4. The covers of a series do. not. match. How do you cope?
Hahaha… well, part of me doesn’t care because I’m all about the content of the book and not the cover, but the OCD part of me is cringing and all I can do is just look away.
5. Everyone and their mother loves a book you don’t really like. Who do you bond with over shared feelings?
Well if I really need to complain about why this book is bad and how I’m the only one who thinks so, then I’ll just complain to one of my awesome friends or family members, just to get it out of my system. If they commiserate, cool, but most of the time they’ll pull me out of my grump and remind me that there are worse problems, haha. But I also love when I post via my blog or social media that I don’t like the book despite the hype, and someone actually agrees with me! Haha such a thrill!
6. You’re reading a book and you are about to start crying in public. How do you deal?
Close the book, closethebook, closethebookclosethebook. Now think inappropriate jokes, insider jokes, anything funny…. for example (gold star if you LOL):
7. A sequel of a book you loved just came out, but you’ve forgotten a lot from the prior novel. Will you re-read the book? Skip the sequel? Try to find a synopsis on Goodreads?
Probably re-read. That way everything is fresh in my mind.
8. You do not want anyone. ANYONE. borrowing your books. How do you politely tell people nope when they ask?
I’m actually the complete opposite. I’m like Oprah with my books…
9. Reading ADD. You’ve picked up and put down 5 books in the last month. How do you get over your reading slump?
Oh I’m too OCD to be ADD with my books. I hate starting two books at the same time, let alone five. But in general if I’m in a reading slump, I just try to match my mood with the book choice. Do I need something funny to pick me up? Or something more thrilling? etc.
10. There are so many new books coming out that you’re dying to read! How many do you actually buy?
Haha wellllll, I’m forever on a budget, so if the library gets them, I’ll read them that way first. But if it’s part of a series and I’m dying to read it, then I’ll buy it right off. Most of the time, I make myself wait to check it out from the library or buy it on sale after a while, even if I’m dying to read the book. #adultprobs
11. After you’ve bought the books you can’t wait to get to, how long do they sit on your shelf before you get to them?
It depends. If I’ve been dying to get a copy of the book and I haven’t read it, then I’ll read it immediately or as soon as I’ve finished my current read. If I have read the book and just really wanted a personal copy, I’ll reread when I’m ready to, which could be months or years, haha.
Okay everyone! I hope you enjoyed my answers, and remember you are more than welcome to join in on the fun!! Also, while you’re here, don’t forget to follow me on WordPress and on my social media platforms (Pinterest, Instagram, Google+ and Twitter!) to keep in the loop! I’m working towards a goal of 250 followers on my blog and trying to bump up my traffic, in the hopes that soon I’ll be able to do more fun things like giveaways and challenges! If you’re already following me- YOU ROCK!! And thanks for all the support y’all!!